Governor Of National Resilience Institute Of The Republic Of Indonesia
Mr. Budi Susilo Soepandji
Mr. Budi Susilo Soepandji was born in 1954 at Yogyakarta, Indonesia. He is married with two children. His wife’s name is Hera Widayanti. His daughter and son are 27 and 23 years old respectively.
Mr. Budi Susilo Soepandji graduated in Civil Engineering from the University of Indonesia in 1979. After studying 5 years in France, he got master and doctorate degree in Geotechnical Engineering from Ecole Centrale Paris, France in 1986. He has been in government service since 1980, and being inaugurated as full professor at University of Indonesia in 1998. From 2000 to 2004 he served as Dean at the School of Engineering in the same university.
In 2004, he then joined the higher education at National Resilience Institute in Jakarta. In 2005 to February 2011 he held the position of Director General for Defence Potential in Ministry of Defence. The function of this position was to formulate and execute policy and technical standardization in national defence potential.
Mr. Budi Susilo Soepandji heavily involved in the establishment a new National Defence University in Indonesia, under supervision of the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of National Education.
Since February 17th 2011 he has been posted as Governor of National Resilience Institute by the President of The Republic of Indonesia. In the institution he is now responsible for building reliable state think-tank and educating top level state officials (military and civilians), civil society, political parties cadres, business sectors and academicians.
National Resilience Institute of the Republic of Indonesia
VISION AND MISSION OF LEMHANNAS RI
VISION OF LEMHANNAS RI
Create national leaders who dare to maintain a robust, comprehensive, integral and holistic National Integrity based on Pancasila and the 1945 Constitution and the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia and the principle of Unity in Diversity.
MISSION OF LEMHANNAS RI
- To provide education for cadres and national leaders who are capable of thinking integrally with universal viewpoint and uphold nationalistic viewpoint.
- To conduct conceptual and strategic analysis of different national, regional, and international issues as required by the President in term of protecting and preserving the dignity and unity and existence of the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia.
- To nurture the nation’s values as contained in the 4 (four) basic principles namely Pancasila, the 1945 Constitution, the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia and the principle of Unity in Diversity.
- To develop national resilience through Asta Gatra, National Conception, and Universal values through various approaches including the application of technology.
- To maintain and upgrade cooperation with relevant institutes in and outside the country in the framework of all social, nation, and state aspects to bring about harmony of the universal values.
POSITION, TASK AND FUNCTION OF LEMHANNAS RI
POSITION OF LEMHANNAS RI
National Resilience Institute of the Republic of Indonesia, hereinafter referred to as Lemhannas RI shall mean the Non-Department Government Institution subordinate and responsible to the President. Lemhannas RI shall be chaired by Governor of Lemhannas RI. In implementing its task, the Governor of Lemhannas RI shall be assisted by a Vice-Governor.
TASKS OF LEMHANNAS RI
Lemhannas RI has tasks to assist the President in:
- Organizing Training on cadre preparation and strengthening of the national level leaders having integrative thinking and professional, national character, moral and ethic, Archipelago Concept as well as having universal way of thinking.
- Organizing conceptual and strategic study on various national, regional and international problems required by the President, to secure the integrity and survival of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Strengthening nation values contained in the Preamble of the Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia of 1945, Pancasila values as well as one in diversity values.
- Building and developing the cooperation relation to various relevant agencies in the home country and overseas.
FUNCTIONS OF LEMHANNAS RI
Lemhannas RI shall perform the following function:
- To train, prepare the cadre and strengthen the national level leader through all activities and efforts covering the education program, preparation of instructional material, education operation and building of participants and alumnus as well as evaluation;
- To study various national, regional and international strategic problems in geography, demography, natural resources, ideology, politic, law and security, economic, social culture and science as well as international problem.
- To strengthen the nationality values contained in the the Preamble of the Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia of 1945, Pancasila as nation ideology, spirit to defend the state, transformation of universal values, national system as well as nationality value ingraining.
- To enter into cooperation in post graduate training in national resilience strategy aspect with the national and/or international training institution;
- To enter into cooperation in strategic study and cooperation in nationality values strengthening with the domestic and foreign institutions.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF DEFENSE POTENTIALS
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9, 2008
DIRECTOR GENERAL FOR DEFENSE POTENTIALS 2008
a. National defense management is essentially executed nationally and its main objective is to be able to ensure and support national interests and all national policies in Indonesia.
b. National defense is organized through a defense system for national security (SISHANKAMRATA) by utilizing national resources and national facilities as a whole, and it shall be initially executed and prepared by the government simultaneously.
2. The Organization
The Directorate General of Defense Potentials is the executor of most departmental duties and functions, and is directly responsible to the Minister of Defense.
“Realizing a functional and effective defense resource from resource potentials as part of defense forces to support a robust national defense mechanism intended to maintain unity and sovereignty in Indonesia”.
3. The Condition of National Defense Forces
a. National defense is a national endeavor which involves a nation’s strength and potential to bring about a national defense ability to be ready when encountering threats. Attempt to realize this ability is carried out through a potential national resource transformation process to become a force of national defense.
b. In facing military and non military threats, the national defense system which involves the entire force of national defense, is divided as main forces, reserve forces and supporting forces. As part of the attempt to be mind conscious in defending one’s country, every citizen has equivalent rights and obligations to become a reserve and support force as stated as follows :
1) Reserve Forces.
a) Every citizen has the right and obligation to be part of a reserve force with certain requirements which are written in reserve force regulations. National resource potentials will also be guided and initially formed and organized to become a reserve force.
b) Reserved forces regulations are currently in completion by publicly consulting the content, and are also being discussed by department committees involving other authorities such as TNI headquarters, other national forces and departments regarding guiding human resource, natural and man-made resources, and facility potentials.
2) Supporting Forces.
Supporting forces are organized centrally by the Department of Defense, precisely by the Directorate General of Defense Potentials, and is being directed to build and maintain citizen mind set to defend one’s country through civic education, basic military training, and serving the profession.
a. Human Resource Potentials Policy.
Human resources is citizen who is physically and mentally competent is considered a human resource whose ability will be used to support defense forces. Two main aspects in national defense human resources is quantity (how many there are), and quality (physical or non-physical ability) to defend the country.
1) Guiding/Mentoring/Counseling Policy to defend one’s country for every citizen in Indonesia
Guiding/mentoring a citizen’s mind to consciously defend his/her country is a non-physical guide which includes drawing up policies and executing technical guidance. The attempt to increase consciousness is continuously performed through educational, working, political, cultural, religious, and residential environments. to defend one’s country for every citizen in Indonesia.
2) Potential Human Resource Policy.
Human resource potential guiding at the Department of Defense is a mandatory physical guide for citizens (without any exceptions), who equally carry the responsibility to protect and preserve, even defend Indonesia’s sovereignty. Potential human resource that each Indonesian citizen has is a reliable support for national defense and must be carried out by thorough, integrated, conceptual, systematic and continuous execution. This is why the policy of human resource potentials is intact with the principles of defense resource management as follows :
(a) Plan of needs
(c) Monitoring and Controlling
b. Potential Natural & Man-made Resources Policy.
Instigating national defense is an accumulation of activity processes to shelter forms of threat, obstacles, disturbances, or challenges related to defend the existence of a nation. This process must contain interests regarding setting up defense force, defense survey and defense dimensions, also society conditions and legitimate law that compel them. The basis of those interests may be obtained from natural and man-made resources and later be expected to become strategic material reserves, as a continuous contribution to district based logistic national defense interests.
c. Potential National Defense Policy.
Implement mentoring for potential national facilities, which later are transformed into facilities that support and increase aptitude and strength of a defense force in three aspects, land, sea and air by comprehensive, and simultaneous mentoring. Those three potential aspects of national facilities have different characters so that a depiction of mentoring they must complement the needs of each facility. This is done so, in order to increase and strengthen TNI as main forces in every aspect.
5. Strategic Environmental Development
a. External Influence
An effort is needed in order to support the national development in respect to the effect of the globalization era, which is also related to the influence of the strategic environment including the development of defense system. Other than that, globalization also accelerates the process of modernization which brings positive and negative impact to citizen’s lifestyles as individuals or society. he effect of globalization.
2) Democracy, Human Rights and the Natural Environment
The demand for democratization keeps increasing, which drives the government to change its government orientation to accommodate the citizen’s aspiration by drawing up regulations. In this situation, instigation of democracy sometimes does not pay consideration to safety factors.
b) Human Rights.
Society’s demands sometimes become an excuse, and therefore human rights are often misrepresented only to reap certain objectives and cause inflictions to society.
c) The Natural Environment.
The increase of population influences some aspects of life, such as daily needs, increase of food supply demands, causing industries and farmers to compete and serve those needs without considering the environment. Destroyed environments caused by modernization will certainly affect much of national aspects of life.
b. Internal Influence.
1) Governmental Implementation.
a) Unintegrated development programs between departments especially on managing national resources.
b) Regional autonomy authorities want to improve regional prosperity, but because they use regional powers, it causes priority differentials, especially for regional constructions.
c) National potential mentoring for defense interests is still oriented on department interests & its region; they tend to disregard the importance of national defense.
2) Condition of Society.
a) National Regulation number 3, 2002 on national defense has not been socialized enough; therefore the public do not truly understand the importance of this regulation.
b) Mentors for managing defense potentials has not been evenly accumulated.
c) Part of society is mostly conscious of national defense, this will be an admirable start in order to assemble potential national resource mentoring for defense interests.
a) Up to now, there is no law on managing potential national resources to be developed into defense potentials.
b) There are no set of laws or regulation from the head of Department of Defense in order to manage instigation of potential national resource mentoring.
c) There are no standards for managing potential national resources for defense potentials.
d) A existing software is still relevant and is used even though it needs to be revised, especially for mentoring centralization to regional autonomy.
6. Program Execution
a. Organizing a software and technical standards of defense potential in order to manage the national resources for national defense by :
1) Arranging Outlines of Proposed Regulation of Reserved Forces and Supporting Forces in the national legitimating process by The House of Representative
2) Arranging Proposed Regulation for Empowering Facility Potentials for national defense.
b. Organizing guidance/counseling/mentoring and empowering national resources for national defense by :
1) Increasing the Indonesian citizen awareness of national defense in educational, working and residential environments.
2) Organizing Basic Military Training as an obligation for Indonesian Citizens.
3) Preparing Strategic Reserve Materials and District Logistic System to support national defense.
4) Preparing and empowering potentials of national facilities to support national defense.
5) Preparing development of Reserve Forces and Supporting Forces which consist of citizens, natural and man-made resources, and national facilities to augment strength and ability as a Main Component in national defense.
c. Instigate support for mentoring defense potentials by:
1) Developing a Potential Defense database system.
2) Arranging and socializing Defense Potential Policies.
3) Develop a Geographical Defense Potential Information System.
BUDI SUSILO SOEPANDJI
1977 di Jawa Timur, semua mantan mahasiswa Jurusan Sipil, anak didik Prof Roosseno, BSS berdiri nomor 4 dari kiri
Dr. Budi Darmadi, Tuti, Hera dan Mas Ir. Danto, tengok saya di Paris, sebagai turis
Bersama Prof Sanglerat Ahli Penetrometer Tingkat Dunia di Kota Lyon sehabis santap siang Nov 1988
Bersama Prof. Sanglerat ahli ConePenetrometer dari Perancis (paling kiri) tengah tehnisi kanan Budi S, background kendaraan berat Truck.
from left to right : my Mother, Father, Wife Hera, and Wanda at Munchen after Examination on Geotechnical Engineering Programme in Paris-France
Bersama Dosen Teladan seluruh Indonesia, BSS ditetapkan sebagai teladan I nasional, duduk nomor dua dr kanan 1994
Sebagai Dekan FTUI, Bersama Tenaga ahli designer Nasional, Ranpur PP di Bengpuspalad 2004
Berbincang-bincang bersama Menhan seusai membuka Rakor Pothan 2008
Diskusi NKRI di Papua Barat 2007
Undersecretary of Defense under the chairmanship of Indonesia Budi Susilo Soepandji on a delegation to Turkey between 09 June 2008 has made an official visit.
Serah terima jabatan Gubernur LEMHANNAS RI yang baru, 17 Februari 2011